Chelsea first-team star reveals his favorite position on the pitch Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi has talked about the difference be...
Chelsea first-team star reveals his favorite position on the pitchChelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi has talked about the difference between playing as an inverted winger and a wing-back under Thomas Tuchel. When asked which position he prefers, the young England winger made no qualms about his answer. Speaking to Chelsea's official website, he said :
"I’d definitely say I prefer more- attacking positions for myself, as a winger or a No. 10 kind of player. Obviously I like to be direct and try to create scoring opportunities for the team, hopefully try to score some myself."
He went on to add: "Playing in that position I’m more comfortable and I feel more free while playing there as well. So it’s definitely a nice position, to know that I can go out there, be myself, be free and try to create and score goals as well."
Speaking about the difference in role as a wing- back at Chelsea, Hudson-Odoi stated:
"But at the same time playing at wing-back is definitely more defensive. Your mentality is more about defending the goal than attacking the goal at times. In that position you always have to cover for somebody. For example, if the centre- back goes forward you have to cover in, just to make sure and be around."
No comments:
Post a Comment